quinta-feira, 27 de agosto de 2009

Operação de Transposição de Curso de Água

The picture is taken from the top of my Bradley and shows a pontoon bridge across the Imjim River. If you look at the bottom right of the picture you can see two men. One of them is former 2ID Commander General Russell Honore’ while the other one was my then Brigade Commander Colonel Joseph Martz who later became a General and the Assistant Division Commander of 2ID.

Anyway General Honore’ saw me stand up in my hatch to take this picture and he stopped my Bradley, jumped on the front of it, and chewed me out for taking a picture instead of being focused on the task at hand. For those that know General Honore’ the guy can cuss unlike anyone I have ever known before.

Needless to say I didn’t take any more river crossing pictures after that butt chewing that day. That wasn’t even the first time I had been chewed out by General Honore’, but then again for those that have served around General Honore’ who hasn’t had their butt chewed out at least once? At least he didn’t ask if I was Stuck on Stupid?